I had this entire post written yesterday and somehow WordPress ate it. Oh well, clearly I needed to revamp it. The good news is that I splurged on a new camera. The bad news is that I haven’t used it yet. I really haven’t had anything spectacular. There was sushi the other night, but really tonight was nothing to write home about. I did get to watch the Colbert Report and The Daily Show, where Jon Stewart made me spit my water everywhere. That’s why he is my plutonic boyfriend…he makes me laugh.
Anyway, I was super tired and sore today, so I took an impromptu rest day. I am posting yesterday’s workout though, because my legs are still screaming today. It was awesome. Definitely went into the workout notebook.
Give Me More Leg Workout:
1. This is meant to be for people that are working out regularly. If you are a beginner make sure that you understand the form and I would go through it just once, or cut down on the reps.
2. As with any exercise program, check with your doc first if you are starting something new.
3. I am putting my weights in the workout, but remember to work with something that you can complete all the reps and exercises without hurting yourself.
4. You have to get in a good warmup before this one. I ran 4 miles…I would suggest at least 30 minutes of cardio.
3 x 15-20 reps
– Static Lunges – I went with 25 lbs dumbbells; 20 on each leg
– Squats – Stuck with the 25 lbs dumbbells
– Step ups – make sure you are using a sturdy surface; I went with 10 lbs dumbbells, but you could do this one without any weight
– Dead Lift – My favorite….30 lbs; remember if you feel this in your lower back then you need to check your form
– Walking Lunges – 20 total
– Side lying hip raises – no weight here; 20 per side
– Plie squats/Sumo Squats – 1 30 lbs dumbbell
This workout is brought to you by Usher and his song “More” because you really need something to distract you while your legs slowly die.