We have another blog post. Not a baby, if that’s what you were thinking. The past few months have been incredibly interesting. Here’s a recap to get you up to date:
1. Still pursuing Dietetics and it is just as awesome as I had anticipated. I’m currently sludging through the depths of Organic Chemistry while at the same time loving each and every minute of my Principles of Nutrition course. The key to success in school is take one class you hate for every class you love. I have changed directions and will be entering the actual “program” part and not the pre-req part of the degree in June.
2. My mom is moving back from Germany. This is great! But part of me is sad that I won’t get a wonderful box of German delights every so often. I am putting together an email of items I can’t get here so that I will be stocked up. There are few things that can’t be cured by Blood Orange tea.
3. I finished P90x 2 this summer. The verdict: eh. I was super disappointed with the amount of cardio. Yes, the strength workouts were designed to have cardio interlaced with them, but that is not enough for me. On the positive side, I enjoyed the strength training and the balance work that was involved in most of the workouts. My results were lackluster….I definitely got more bicep definition but other than that nothing. Take it for what its worth. In comparing it with P90x, the workouts are shorter and I liked it better, but still wasn’t thrilled with the end results.
4. I’m back with my “boyfriend” running. We always break up over the summer, but now we are back together and the relationship is flourishing. I’m doing about one race even a month and shaved two minutes off of my time from August to September. Don’t be too thrilled, because it was mostly just getting me back to my normal time. I basically went from slow to not-as-slow. Either way, I’m doing my first long run of the season next month and getting prepped for the 7 miler. I really have Gasparilla again on my radar and potentially thinking about the Cooper River Bridge run in Charleston. Its a 10K with about an 8% grade.
5. I found out that my thesis is on sale at various online bookstores. It ranges from $75-100 and I was shocked quite frankly. I sometimes still wonder how I ever finished that whole thing. One of the best accomplishments of my life.
6. FOOTBALL IS BACK! I love football season. For Florida, it means that the weather will be changing to a crisp 75 degrees until January. It also means that I am a little bit more stressed every Saturday. Its tough to be a Gamecock fan.
7. I haven’t been cooking as much as I would like, but I’m getting back into it. I hope to have some pictures up along with some of my recipes.
8. I’m working out more than ever….and love it! My weeks are generally structured around running, interval training, and strength training. I throw in yoga every now and then to maintain my flexiblity and try and avoid injury.
9. Food and Wine Fest is almost here and….the have a vegan kiosk this year!!!! I am so excited! At least I will not have to bring Cliff bars to eat so that I won’t get completely drunk. I will definitely get a gift certificate this year so that I don’t overspend.
I think that pretty much gets you up to speed. Although I’ve said this before, I am going to start posting regularly again, so check back!
There is your motivation for today. Get your workout done! I’ll post later because I have a good friend coming by to make me dinner and I get to meet his partner! Also, I will workout somewhere in there.