Oy vey. This virus is kicking my tail. If you know me at all, you know that I am not the type of person that can sit around all day and be lazy. My ADD helps take care of that too. But today has been a lot of alternating between the bed and the couch. The doc said that it would get worse before it got better…welcome to worse! I haven’t had much of an appetite, so the day has been filled with German blood orange tea with honey, water, fresh grapefruit juice, and soup. C was sweet enough to bring over sushi for dinner. I am weird enough to enjoy sushi as comfort food. Don’t ask me why, it just works this way.
Here are some things that I discovered today:
1. I’m not missing out on much by not watching TV. Not only is my immune system taking a hit, but I’m pretty sure my brain cells are also suffering. If it weren’t for Food Network I probably would have ripped my hair out.
2. I got some reading done. I am so excited to make some recipes out of Mama Pea’s cookbook. Go out and buy it now!
3. Bosley is insane. For Christmas he received a plush puzzle type thing. There is a center plush item with squirrels in it that the dog can pull out and play with. Well we lost squirrels number 1 and number 2 today.
4. The juicer is really coming in handy. I am thankful that I had 10 lbs of grapefruits stashed away for just an occasion. Hooray for natural vitamin C. My immune system needs all the help it can get.
5. I’m missing step class tonight and I’m super sad :(. Although I would feel like dog poo and winter has finally made it to FL, so it wouldn’t have been fun. I just hate not being active.
To top things off, there is the potential for frost tonight so C was kind enough to help bring in the plants. Oh the one positive from the TV today was seeing a movie preview for The Vow. Ironically the IMDB site says that the movie’s release date hasn’t been determined, but according to the preview, it will be out 2/10 for Valentine’s weekend. I have a soft spot for Rachael McAdams and I think that she is phenomenally gorgeous.
I am hoping that this whole sick situation ends soon. I’m putting all my money on the grapefruit juice!