So I am officially sick. The worst Christmas gift ever…I went to the doctor today and of course, it is viral. Which means, that I have to wait it out with tylenol and fluids. Boo. But why lament my illness when I can recap the awesomeness that was the past few days!
My mom is totally awesome and got me basically all fitness related gifts :). I got an Ugi ball, a dip station, some Thorlo socks, and calf compression sleeves, the Peas and Thank You Cookbook. I also got a bunch of stuff from Germany, so all in all it was awesome. Additionally, I received an emerald ring from C (which is beautiful), some clothes, and lotion. I must have been good this year :).
I am really excited to use the Ugi ball and the dip station, but I was excited to see that the Ugi ball comes with a video and a flip book of exercises. Each block has 30 exercises and you can either do 1 min of each with no rest or 45 sec/15 sec rounds. I’m taking it easy right now and may get in the ab/leg workout for BodyRock. I’m kind of sore all over and not really feeling like doing much though.
Depending on how I feel next week I am planning on starting my 3 day a week half marathon training plan. I really need to get my head into it though, because that is really holding me back. That is an awesome segue into my 2012 resolution list:
* as a side note, I’m all about Caitlin’s idea to start any resolutions on 1/7 instead of the first day of January…this way its easier to keep your motivation up and not fall into false motivation.
– Complete two long running events: So I’m planning on training for the Gasparilla half marathon in March. Other than that, my other race is up in the air. I’m thinking Army 10 miler, but I may forego that for something closer, like the Marine Corps Half Marathon in October. There is also the inaugural Tower of Terror 10 miler at the end of September, but that is the same weekend that I will be coming back from Germany, so that is sketchy.
– Recenter my Yoga practice: I have really dropped the ball with yoga. That makes me really upset. I have two passes for a month of unlimited yoga at a local studio, so I’m hoping that it will jump start my practice again. Hello 20 minute yoga podcasts!
– Focus on school: I really have to batten down the hatches so that I can finish a certain amount of classes prior to the end of the year. If all goes as planned, I will submit my application for the Dietetics program in January 2013.
– House repairs: My house is in great condition but there are things that I would like to do to spruce up the place and keep it in good working condition.
– Unassisted pull-up 🙂 I’m not going to put a number on it, but 1 will suffice.
I think that about does it. When I’m feeling better, I will post some actual food, since my blog has taken a turn towards exercise more so than food and recipes. I plan to change that up as well.