Really, this is where things get a little psychotic. So first off your PSA: Don’t do two a days unless you are physically and mentally ready. You will also need to watch your caloric intake because you will be burning a ton more calories. Anyway, this mornings workout was really not anything to copy…3.5 mile run with 4 lb camelback and some awesome yoga. Now tonight is where it gets fun…
– 20 minutes on revolving stairs of death keeping the level in the double digits
– Deadlifts – 3 sets/12 80 lbs; superset with seated adductor lifts 3 sets/15
– Now move into a group exercise room or a basketball court. Using a step with 5 risers under each side. Squat down and let your butt touch the step. From a squatting position jump onto the step and then step back down. Make sure you are landing softly. Superset with lateral lunges. 3 sets of 20
– Walking lunges around the room; superset with split squats on the step 3 sets of 20
– Dropsy – One of Jillian’s signature moves. Basically a on a step you are performing single leg squats without touching the ground with the non-squatting leg. 3 sets of 10 on each leg
– squat sprints – Oh yes. Go to one of the corners in the room and squat down as low as you can go. Hold it there for a few seconds and the sprint to the other side of the room. 10 reps
– hip adductor – 3 sets of 15 @ 130 lbs (again, this is not correct)
– leg press – 3 sets of 8 @ 180 lbs
I also wanted to discuss workout etiquette because it is really getting out of control!
1. Guys, do not come up to a woman and tell her she has good form. That is creepy even if that is what you truly meant.
2. Women, do not spot your boyfriend/husband/partner if they are lifting weight that you could not lift yourself. If something goes wrong and he can’t lift the weight, guess what, neither can you.
3. If someone has their headphones in, that usually means they want to be left alone. Do not bother them unless you need to work in or something like that. Don’t chat it up, because that is not what they want.
4. Guys, when there is a woman on the hip adductor do not stare. Again, this is creepy.
5. Most people come to the gym to legitimately workout. Err on the side of caution and do not use it as a bar.
6. If you are using plates, do not leave heavy weights on the machines/bars. There is no way that I am going to be able to remove 100 lbs plates. Which means that I will not be able to use that machine.
That’s enough for now. Enjoy…