Sometimes that is my response when I get done with a long run. I took a small break from my half marathon training since there was a lot going on in a small amount of time. However, today I busted out 15 miles. I don’t know where it comes from. This is what confuses me on the days that I can barely get in 3 miles. But those are also the days that I need to listen to my body. Nothing like 15 miles to get you loosened up to lift :).
– Walkouts to a push up 60 seconds- start in a standing position and bend over like you are touching your toes. Place your hands on the floor (bending your knees if you have to) and then walk your body out until you are in a pushup position. From that point, perform a pushup and walk yourself back up to a standing position
– Hammer curls – my favorite bicep exercise by far. 3 sets/10 reps
– Pull ups with 3/4 body weight 3 sets/max
– Dips (however you can get them in) – I really don’t like to use the gravitron for these. I much prefer to do them with a bench and your feet elevated (like on the weights or on another bench). Its easier on my wrists. Anyway… 3 sets/15
– Dive bombers – Hard to explain these. I’ll let SSG Ken do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttk8RdiIHzA. 3 sets/ max
That’s it for today. Tomorrow is going to start two a days for me. I *love* two a days. New month, new routine…and yes, I realize that tomorrow is still August, but that is just how it worked out for me. Cardio/agility/strength in the AM with Carido/strength in the evenings. This should be an interesting month. Also trying to get in ten running events before the end of the year…oh yes.