One of my regular blogs that I read does a “Curious Tuesday” column and I am a little late to the party. But I will include that with the Wednesday 10:
1. Would you ever get cosmetic surgery? If not, why not? If yes, what would you want done? Hmm, I have gone over this for a while and gone between multiple different types of surgery. Then I had surgery on my leg. A demure 3 inch incision made me passout and just generally miserable. It was not “voluntary” but recommended by the surgeon. After said surgery, I really don’t think that I could handle something that was voluntary as well as involving a much larger incision and dealing with a place on my body that was more visible to me. When we took off the bandage, the incision still covered in steristrips, for at least two to three days I almost passed out in the shower. I never said that I was strong when it comes to pain ;). So for all of these reasons the likelihood of me doing something that is elective is slim to none.
2. What is “your drink”? WINE. Good, delicious, red wine. I don’t really drink a lot of anything else, but I have been known to sip some limoncello. I did enjoy pomegranate martinis and green apple martinis at one time, but due to sugar and caloric concerns, those were dropped. In terms of types of wine, Sangue di Jude, Centine, good blends, and Cabs are my go-tos.
3. What are your five fashion essentials? Hmm, I don’t necessarily consider myself fashion forward. I like classic pieces and therefore have a lot of black and brown pieces that I play up with various pieces of jewelry. I love jewelry, so I guess that one be one of my essentials. Big cocktail rings, specifically. I also love good shoes. Since I spent most of my time in Florida, I have a lot of really cute summer shoes. I also rarely wear a shoe that doesn’t have a heel or some type of wedge. I guess the short answer to this is: cocktail rings, wedge sandals, black shift dress, non-neutral handbag (I have green, yellow and a pink paisley), long earrings.
4. Do you have any tattoos? What are they? If not, do you want some? What would you like to get? No tattoos. I think they look really great on some people and then not so good on others. I don’t think that I could ever decide where to put one or what it would be. Plus I would be concerned about regret down the road, so it is probably best that I stay in the no-tattoo zone. Also, you must refer to the plastic surgery question about voluntary pain. But for good posterity, I would probably get one of my favorite poems or quotes tattooed in Arabic or Hebrew. Both of those languages look beautiful when they are written and I really couldn’t think of an image that I would be cool with.
5. What is something most people don’t know about you? This will be answered with 10 answers for my Wednesday 10…
1. Transatlantic flights make me insane. I can have five bags of stuff to do (two different books on completely different topics, five magazines, Ipod filled with music and podcasts, recipe project, stuff to write with, food) not to mention the personal TV that is provided to me with various movies, music, and TV show options, and I will go crazy. I think it has more to do with the fact that I cannot move around for 9 hours! I like to change scenary and the plane just doesn’t do that for me. Also, for some reason, I can take a sleep aid when I am actually in a bed and sleep for 8-10 hours. On the plane, I am lucky to blow 4 hours. If anyone has any thoughts about this, I am open to advice.
2. I am incredibly conservative with money. I wouldn’t necessarily call me “cheap” because I have no problem buying expensive quality items. However, I get super happy when I can save money. I constantly do the “beat the bill” game where I get excited when the month’s bills are lower than the previous month’s bill. I don’t like the stock market, because it makes me nervous. I would rather have a lower return sure thing than a higher return risk. Also, I love Suze Orman.
3. I have been told multiple times by eye doctors that I am a candidate for Lasik. However, after hearing about a friend of a friend who was permanently blinded by the procedure, there is no chance. Refer to the “risk” discussion of #2. I will gladly deal with my contacts and glasses.
4. I would love to have a farm in the mountains with lots of dogs and spend my days making bread, canning, and tending the gardens.
5. It makes me crazy when a towel is not tri-folded properly. This doesn’t bother me at other people’s houses, because I am not that crazy. However, everytime I hang up a towel, I make sure that it is tri-folded and not inside out. Yep, crazy.
6. I love football. Specifically, US College Football. I am really getting into soccer, but I can really appreciate a good college football game. Once the season starts, I check the AP Poll every Sunday. I’ve also been to 3 bowl games and loved every minute.
7. I am not a “girly girl.” However, I would pick a dress/skirt over pants/shorts almost every time. To me its just way more comfortable.
8. As a piggy-back to last Wednesday’s 10, I generally love Reggae.
9. This may have been mentioned before, but I believe that it deserves a second mention due to its seriousness. I have an obsession with kitchen items. Dishes, pots, pans, linens, utensils, gadgets…anything. I am a mess in kitchen stores and generally have two of almost everything.
10. I strongly dislike Tyler Florence. I have never been excited by any of his recipes and he just seems boring on his show. Other Food Network star I dislike: Sandra Lee.