I’m going to try a new series where I reveal ten things, mostly about myself. So here we go…
1. I am a planner but hate deadlines that aren’t self imposed. I think that writing is a creative process and I hate to be pushed.
2. I have been in a gym for four hours before and not been an employee.
3. I love talk radio.
4. Along the same lines, I cannot sleep by myself if it is quiet. I typically put on a podcast that lasts a few hours to lull me to sleep. Music won’t usually do either, but TV will work.
5. I love candles but only the ones that smell like fall/winter scents.
6. If I am participating in a race, I refuse to walk. We shall see how this plays out when I do a half marathon. When I am doing my cardio, I am the same way. Once I start walking, that is typically the end of my run :(.
7. I have an uncanny ability to attract people who want to tell me random stories about their life. I whole-heartedly believe that I inherited this from my mother, because the same thing happens to her and it is twice as powerful when we are together. I am talking about complete strangers here.
8. My iPod is filled with the most random songs. When I work at a desk job and it is permitted, I will be listening to hard core rap sometimes. That always makes me laugh because of the irony. The rap however, is often censored and I enjoy songs that are about something important, which usually lends itself to old-school stuff like Run DMC. So I will be listening to my music and I will hear “Run This Town” by Jay-Z followed by “Syrinx” by Claude Debussy. Just one of my quirks.
9. I have secretly always wanted to go to culinary school and work in a kitchen. Some problems are presented with this though. I know that in culinary school there would be some sort of deboning a chicken requirement which I would never make it through. Side story, I once decided to make stuffed cornished hens for J. I unwrapped the hens and then that was about as far as I got. Just couldn’t handle it. So the idea of actually splaying open a chicken just would not work. Also, if I were working in a kitchen, I would want it to be a “hobby job.” You know, when you don’t necessarily need the money but are doing it for the experience or for fun.
10. I love palm trees. Of the non-flowering plants group, this is my favorite. I don’t really know why. My bathroom is completely decorated in palm trees.