I apparently lost a couple of days between Christmas and now. Whew. It was a really fun holiday and I was really glad that J could spend it with me. He is always a blast, which is why I committed myself to him for life ;). He’s a keeper. Anyway, we were both graciously spoiled with gifts and food this year, which is really no different than previous years. To spare you the details, I will go over some food related gifts:
– immersion blender (yes, this was an awesome gift…I actually used it to make my whipped peas on Christmas day)
– blender (I have not had a blender since I left the states, because I was borrowing my MIL’s. So I am super excited to return to green monsters!)
– mushroom brush
– Ezekiel Original cereal (I love this cereal and it is difficult to find anywhere, much less outside of the states. I was lucky enough to get 4 boxes!)
– Tea (I got some tea from Hawaii, tea from Germany, and tea from the states. I need to start drinking more tea!)
– Flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, and whole wheat pastry flour (I asked for these because I am crazy and put actual food items on my list. I have since found pumpkin seeds, since my Deutch is much better, but the other two are still non-existent)
– Wine! (Santa apparently thinks that I am a lush, because I got four bottles in my stocking.)
Dinner was a hit, and J is still eating on the leftovers. J cooked the turkey on the grill and apparently it was fantastic. He was pleased and I was impressed ;). Otherwise, the goodies flowed and we were all pretty much stuffed and in food comas by the end of the meal.
I’ll be posting the recipes for the whipped peas and vegan sweet potatoes in a separate post. We went to Vienna for New Year’s Eve so I am still trying to get myself back into some sort of schedule. I will post resolutions as well as new recipes hopefully tomorrow!