I almost did not post since it would be so boring. But alas you will be bombarded with boring-ness.
Finished the last of my spinach tonight with dinner. Also I had the most delicious peach! I was at the food market and walked by them and the smell was intoxicating. I usually do not get peaches just for myself because I am lazy and do not feel like peeling them. But I couldn’t help myself. They were absolutely delicious!
Today was my second echo-cardiogram. I had another one to compare with the first one to see if there are any abnormalities or damages due to my arrhythmia/palpitations. I really just want this to all be over with and everything to return to normal. If you have never had an echo, it is really bizarre. Imagine the ultrasound to see your unborn child but instead of another being, its your heart. I can’t look at the screen because it is so surreal. That little muscle is keeping your body alive. I guess it is amazing and surreal at the same time. I still can’t look at it.
Yesterday, I decided to go to an interval class at the local YMCA. I am very discerning when it comes to group exercise since I am capable of teaching most of the classes. It was pretty good. Only three people showed up for the class which was at 0615. As I rolled out of bed at 0545 I was still super sore. Darn that delayed muscle soreness onset. My legs were the worst and of course the instructor announced that we would be doing squats and lunges. Awesome! Here was the class format:
– Various cardio warmups
– 3 sets of 10 Cardio squats with medicine ball (squat once with ball in hands, raise ball overhead, and throw ball down as you squat focusing on the leg muscles…sweet!)
– 3 sets of 10 alternating lunges
– 3 sets of 10 split lunges (back leg is on some type of box or wall so that you are using only the leg in front…also awesome)
– cardio time! 10 sets of jog to sprint to jog and walk back recovery
– 9 sets of 7 reps split bicep curls (coming up halfway for 7, halfway to all the way for 7, and then full curls for 7)
– 3 sets of 10 skull crushers (tricep exercise with weight overhead and lowerd down the back)
– 3 sets of 10 pushups
– 1/2 mile “last person up” run (everyone lines up and the person in the back counts to 10 and sprints to the front of the line, repeat for 1/2 mile)
– 1/2 mile run at own pace
– 3 sets of 20 tabletop abs (knees at a 90 degree angle medicine ball in hands and crunch)
– 3 sets of 20 legs up crunches (legs straight up and use the medicine ball to touch feet)
– 3 sets of 20 twists
– 3 sets of 10 leg raises
So today I was either going to swim or rest. Guess what won. I woke up this morning and my legs were still pretty stiff. So I decided today and tomorrow would be days of rest. It was much needed and I think my legs and back will thank me tomorrow.
I passed my Indoor Cycling re-certification tonight! Two more years of certification under my belt. I will be working on the Personal Trainer re-cert during the rest of this year since that will expire in February.
I will be travelling once again, this time for more than a few weeks, but I will still be available to post. Also, I will probably have more interesting food-type posts in the near future. Just a little preview: an organic farmer’s market that features a local farm that grinds its own cornmeal and grits!